Does the Vectorscope have X2 Gain?

BobbyMurcerFan

Well-known member
Barry, Jan, et al,

I've read that the AF100 will have a vectorscope display. But if the scope does not have X2 gain, its usefulness is severely limited. This is because DSC Lab's charts for camera calibration all require X2 gain for the vectorscope.

So will the vectorscope be a "nice" feature or a very useful tool that can negate the need for an expensive external scope? I hope it's the latter.
 
No settings or controls on the vectorscope. It's just "there". I find the waveform far more useful than the VS. But, I'll ask them if they'll consider adding a x2 mode.
 
I agree, that's a valid point.
The Chroma Du Monde charts are incredibly valuable, especially when matching cameras.
 
Many of people who use this camera will have a DSC Chart (ChromaDuMonde, CamAlign, etc). One would think a gain switch for the vectorscope would be fairly easy to implement as a menu option, assuming it isn't too late to have a software developer assigned to this.

I have to say the vectorscope was one of the draws on this camera. I know it has been implemented previously in other affordable Panasonic cameras but here in a camera where filmmakers are going to be using it, a vectorscope takes on a bit more importance as people will tend to be setting up shots more with this kind of camera. I wrongly assumed it was going to be useful with a CDM chart.
 
Back
Top