Documentary: Homeless Teens in SAN DIGEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link worked for me - does take a while to load though.

Nice piece guy... very moving.
 
Last edited:
this was great! will there be more? hope you don't mind but i have some questions?


how big was the crew?
what kinda mic did you use?
what did you do in-camera for the look (i.e., drop the master pedastal to a -8) or was it mostly done in post?
it seemed like high shutter speed, is that correct?

i ask becasue i really like the look and the editing was great too. thnx for sharing

edwin
 
it was just me and ryan, and we use a mini shotgun attached to are cameras except for the interviews. we shoot at a 120
 
I guess I'll repost my comment from earlier since this seems to be the "new" thread on this doc:

Very impressive... it's a real "eye opener". I enjoyed it, and I think other's will too. Video looks good, heavliy color corrected, but looks good. Audio sounded alright, well, I could make out what everyone was saying, so that's a plus. Dig the first two songs (NIN and the other) but not quite sure if I like'd the "runaway train" theme. It didn't seem to fit as well as the others.

Another thing that I wanted to see was more of thier lifestyle. Where, and how, do they sleep? a shot of a bunch of kids sleeping on the sidewalk would have been very powerfull. They talk about "dumpster diving", but we didn't get to SEE it. That's my only critique... It's all talk, and we don't really get thrown into the lifestyle to truly understand how hard it is.

I do have a couple of questions... most importantly, what is that transition??? I've seen it around, but can't find it, and it's driving me crazy. The quick "flash" of light and jump cut to another shot. How do you do it????? argggg!

Also, was that shot with a 35mm adapter, or just straight dvx? What did you edit it on? and is that all Magic Bullet CC, or some by hand?

all in all, I really liked it, and think you guys did a great job.

-brown
 
I'm right there with rcbrown23! I've been looking forever for a film ramp transition like that! I originally saw it in transworld skate videos, now that I have my DVX and 35mm adapter, it would totally complete the puzzle for my bogus 16mm.

Also my buddy lives a couple blocks off of Newport and I go to Hodads all the time, I've seen those kids around and I think its great that you guys made this thing, great idea for a mini-doc. Kudos
 
Back
Top