Demo Reel 08 for Scharky

very nice stuff! :thumbsup:

I have ot provide some constructive critique too. .hmm.. maybe loose the colon after "contact"?
Seriously, that's about all I've got.


EDIT: Just watched it again ... dolly rails in shot at :29

- Mikko
 
Great length, very nice footage, shows a wide variety of composition and lighting styles. The shots flow together wonderfully, seamlessly edited. Honestly, one of the best reels I've ever seen... and I'm very critical :)

The only thing I could suggest would be on the first screen with your name on it. Instead of setting it to a black background, find a shot that fits the way you want to display your name on screen. Like if you had a vase of flowers frame at the right in shallow DOF so the left side was out of focus.

It also looks like there is a black frame at about 1:04-1:05 after the shot of the sharp hands.
 
I think this is a great reel. Just a real nice selection of shots & styles. Your timing is perfect.

Critisism? That song is kinda played out. That's all I got.

Also, I didn't see any colon after the word contact, and I think that flash frame is intential at 1:04-1:05, right?

EDIT: intentional
EDIT EDIT: criticism
I suck.
 
Last edited:
thanks for the great feedback. Mikko is a fast one, I was able to make the couple of changes that he suggested, so thanks Mikko. John, I like your idea of finding a frame or scene to put in the background, I'm looking for one right now. Thanks also for bringing up the blank frame issue. While it is indeed intentional I just noticed that the flash goes outside the letter box bars that both scenes use so I need to fix that.
Deep focus, I agree the song is played out, but I still like it. ALso my production company has sync rights for this song just to use it for demo reel purposes, another good reason to stick with this one. :)
 
Another suggestion.. put your or your company's name in the file-name ... to you it's *the* "DemoReel" ... to someone who's downloaded it, it's *a* "demo reel" .. but who's?


- Mikko
 
Good idea Mikko. While i have to keep it separate from the production company that I work with, since they have their own demo reel, this is my personal demo reel for subcontract work, I will indeed put my name on it so that when it is downloaded you know whose it is. Hell thats a great idea, big thanks Mikko.
 
Back
Top