The sort of topic that the majority may not care about, but it's completely relevant to the general discussion. It's completely fine to want and need deep focus at times, it's a great option to have especially in documentary environments.
Good news for those who might want to do event shooting and need deep focus:
1600 ISO and F22 with the kit lens is still rather palpable @ 36" of screen real-estate and 42" of screen real estate. Just did some random deep focus stuff outside and in the bathroom and it's pretty darn clean.
I'm thinking this might be a good way to save the compression as well for moving material.
Here's why: if the compression doesn't have to deal with the intricacies of "soft focused" areas, then does it have a lighter workload? As well, with passing foreground objects they might break up a bit less?
I'm going to experiment with this today with the car mount in 1080 and 720, Grabbing deep focus at various focal lengths in moving situations and semi-static to see what happens.
This adds another notch to the GH-1's versatility belt. And one that I welcome, albeit the major draw is DOF and FOV control in a tiny package, there's nothin' wrong with some good ol' deep focus!
Good news for those who might want to do event shooting and need deep focus:
1600 ISO and F22 with the kit lens is still rather palpable @ 36" of screen real-estate and 42" of screen real estate. Just did some random deep focus stuff outside and in the bathroom and it's pretty darn clean.
I'm thinking this might be a good way to save the compression as well for moving material.
Here's why: if the compression doesn't have to deal with the intricacies of "soft focused" areas, then does it have a lighter workload? As well, with passing foreground objects they might break up a bit less?
I'm going to experiment with this today with the car mount in 1080 and 720, Grabbing deep focus at various focal lengths in moving situations and semi-static to see what happens.
This adds another notch to the GH-1's versatility belt. And one that I welcome, albeit the major draw is DOF and FOV control in a tiny package, there's nothin' wrong with some good ol' deep focus!