Dead Pixels

jlames

Well-known member
So here I am asking for your help now. We're in the middle of casting for our upcoming feature, El Papel (www.2nd-Unit.tv) and I'm looking at the 40" monitor and I see three dead pixels, a phenomenon that I've not sen before with any of the six hd100s we have and use. There have been a number of postings with, "PM me and I'll send you the fix" so for those of you who know the fix, would you please PM me with the fix lest I ship one of the cams off to JVC for the fix. S most of you know me, I say this with all sincerity; Much, much appreciated. Or e-mail me at jlames@bluelinecinema.tv
Jonathan
 
CMOS technology by itself does not solve the problem because it uses the same converters (photodiodes) as CCDs. The difference between CMOS and CCD is in manufacturing technology, addressing and signal transfer.
Of course, depending on manufacturer, price and quality control standards, some sensors may be less susceptible to the problem and then it may be improved further by image processor with ability to detect and mask defective pixels.
 
Back
Top