Dead NV GS40

davhill

New member
Hi,

Newbie here who's been loaned a GS40 that is stone dead. It has power in the batteries (8.1v) no load in each of 3.

When I switch on... nothing, no sounds, no LEDs, zero. There is a tape in there but eject isn't working. So, any hints, tips or ideas before I delve further?

Thanks, David
 
Take out the battery and see if there is a RESET button on the body of the camera, press it in if there is one.
Keep fingers crossed.

Al
 
Thanks Al. I found the reset button and tried it with and without the battery and with the camera switched on and off. Sadly, no response at all.
 
Way In

Way In

Time for a visit to your local Vid techo. :(

Al

Thank you Al. I have seen on the web a vary similar Panasonic with the exact same problems, stuck tape, no eject and no electrical activity.
The fix there was to unscrew casings to reveal the cassette mechanism. The fixer then strapped together two AAA batteries with two wires.
He applied the 3 volts to the contacts of the cable to the eject motor. The tape was ejected and after a clean up, the camera worked
perfectly well.

'My' GS40 belongs to a friend- it was her late husband's. Externally, it's in mint condition so he obviously loved it.

The same units are up on eBay, for spares or repair, for about £15. So, if I go delving inisde there isn't much to lose - and the spares will
still be there.

Having been challenged by the tiny screws that hold the camera together, I've bought a No. 000 crosshead screwsdriver and
can loosen previously uncooperative screws.

The plan, then, it so go in and see what I find. Juckily, I have the patience to do this meticulously and logically. I'll let you know so watch this space.
 
Back
Top