Question for anyone that would know:
My Cam, has a broken firewire port. I've spoken to panasonic and the only option is to send it in for an estimate (he mentioned its a common problem for the firewire to burn out) . Now the Camera works just fine, no problem recording. I just can't capture the footage to a PC because of the dead firewire port.
My thought was to just go out and by any cheap cheap cheap cam with a firewire and use that to get the footage on my PC instead of paying so much to fix the firewire on my shooting cam.
The panasonic shoots in modes that cheap cams can't match (like 24p). Would any camera be able to play this back correctly or would there be any issues I'm not aware of? Anyone see any potential problems?
My Cam, has a broken firewire port. I've spoken to panasonic and the only option is to send it in for an estimate (he mentioned its a common problem for the firewire to burn out) . Now the Camera works just fine, no problem recording. I just can't capture the footage to a PC because of the dead firewire port.
My thought was to just go out and by any cheap cheap cheap cam with a firewire and use that to get the footage on my PC instead of paying so much to fix the firewire on my shooting cam.
The panasonic shoots in modes that cheap cams can't match (like 24p). Would any camera be able to play this back correctly or would there be any issues I'm not aware of? Anyone see any potential problems?