Couple of questions ...

Mark Johnson

The Dude Abides
1) To enter, may I simply create my own thread in the Horrorfest Individual Film Discussions forum, or do I need to formally seek permission to enter?

2) My short would feature a giant snake (CG) and I plan a brief scene representing the snake's viewpoint in which I'd use one of my kid's RC cars with a mini-camcorder mounted on it so I could control it and drive it underneath cars in a parking lot. Due to weight and ground clearance, it would be impossible to shoot with my DVX. My question is whether including this footage would violate the rules as not being shot with a DVX or HVX? Given the brevity of the scene, its status as merely an effect and the impossibility of using the principal camera to shoot it, might there be an exception to allow including such footage in my entry?

Thanks

Mark
 
1) Go ahead (you'll just confuse people if you ask)
2) I'd say Go ahead for this, too. For one shot, out of necessity? That's reasonable. (After all, CG isn't shot with *any* camera, and it's ok.)
 
yeah, one scene in my film cuts to a killer's view through a crappy little video camera. I was wondering if I could use a littler camera for this or if i should just reshoot it with the dvx. Can some footage not be 24p, or is that a requirement?
 
If the majority of the film is shot with a DVX and you just use the other cam for effect, you're good to go. Nobody's gonna be a Nazi about it.
 
Back
Top