GH13 CONFUSED. Should I get another GH1 or get a GH2?

dezignman

Member
I use the camera mainly for video. The GH1 has reliable patches, even for native 24p, faster Mbps rates. I can get a second GH1 body (brand new) for $399. or wait for the GH2. Up until I read about the GH2 hack I was going to get a second GH1 so I could keep 2 patches at the same time. Is the GH2 that much better than the GH13? Let's face it: I followed the GH13 hacks and there was several adjustment periods-it took a while to get reliable patches. Plus it's really hard to get the GH2 right now. Maybe in 6 months it will be available, the patches worked out, and I could have been using the second GH13 in the meantime.

Opinions welcome. Thank you in advance
 
cleaner low light image and B frames and now with the patch makes it even better. so if low light is your thing its just a matter of time before testers figure out bumping the bitrate. but as you said you can make the most of shooting and making money from a second gh1 then pick up a gh2 later on. I already have 2 gh1's and was just waiting for the announcement of the patch to buy a jap gh2 and swap to english and ntsc to pal
 
New GH1 now is $400. New GH2 now if you can find one is going to be $900. Six months from now I doubt that GH2 is still going to be costing $900 and the GH1 is not going to be worth all that much less. I would not at all be surprised if buying a GH1 now and then buying a GH2 in 6 months wouldn't total out to no more than $1100. I also would not be at all surprised to see a GH3 announced in 6 months.

Take the cheap GH1. Your worst possible loss is $400 and that's if you throw it away. The GH2, IMO, has a lot more depreciation potential than $400, especially if you have to pay full blown list as you do now.
 
Back
Top