Compatability: Church youth and DVX

DVXWPB

Active member
Looking for some advice: I'm planning on getting a DVX for our youth group/youth leaders to use. I have plenty of video experience, but they don't. My question is... For shooting outdoors or with lighting (stage), does the DVX have an "easy" setting ala XL1 that can be used in 24p mode?

Others are suggesting a Sony FX1, for its ease of use, but I want the look and feel that the DVX has to offer.

Thanks!
 
there is an auto button isnt there? i seem to remebr my DVX having a Auto mode. Also, the HVX has a Auto switch, that does EVERYTHING, including Gain. which is actually really ugly cause it will apply gain before, opening up the iris....
 
You might want to edit your SW settings in the menu to determine which things are on auto and which are not. You definitely do no want auto gain, and you might not want to auto white balance.
 
Back
Top