Color Balancinfg

Robbie Comeau

Como's back. back again
im in canada hear, toronto area, can i go to liek staples or something and get a bunch of different colored cards to balance my camera? i mean i cud jusrt use paper around the house, but i want something good,,, thnks
 
Anything white will work. (I use the backs of scripts all the time). You can make warm/cool balance cards with PhotoShop and print them out. Really any area large enough to balance the camera on will work.

And please, a little grammar goes a long way with regards to posting. So does searching...
 
Last edited:
i just pick up paint chips at home depot for free. if you want a warmer look get a chip thats a bit off white, to the blue side, i use "prussian blue" for that look.
 
Thanks for the heads-up on paint chips. That's a great idea.

I just grabbed all 18 colors available from Kinko's and that's a pretty weak lot. Not sure how much I'm liking white balance with "Ultra Grape". Trust me.
 
I also use the "paint chip" method. I grabbed some various light blues from Loew's hardware. It depends on the situation. Sometimes they work, sometimes I'd rather just balance with plain ol' white.

I printed out some of Zach's blue balance cards a while ago. (from the other thread) They tended to be more lavender than blue, but it could have been my sub-par printer. I'll keep experimenting.
 
Back
Top