Color ADVICE

mackfilm

Well-known member
I was wondering if you could give me some advice on this clip. The pic below was under natural lighting. However, I find myself thinking that it is too orange.

What do you guys think? Any tips?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I'd probably pull a little of that orange out. What kind of mood are you going for? Creepy?
 
This is just with 2 seconds of photoshop. Pulled down the saturation and played with the levels. Really the question isn't "What do you guys think, is this too orange?" but rather how do YOU feel about it? Ask yourself what you want to achieve with it, then try for that effect. Cold, empty feeling? Tone it blue. Reds and oranges are great for warmth and shadows tell more for your image than any palette ever could (look at film noir for what I'm talking about.)

In the end, there is no right or wrong, as long as you've gotten the effect you're trying for. Read as much as you can about light and color but in the end, it's all you!


That being said, I REALLY like the orange in that image, esp considering it was natural lighting. Very Nightmare on Elm St.
 

Attachments

  • noorange.jpg
    noorange.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah as I look at it now, the orange is quite nice. I may just stick with the original. But what you did is all nice too. Gives it a bit more "feel".
 
Back
Top