Carpe Diem - Summer Adventures

very nice! minimum jello! is this a benefit from the hacked firmware? or are GH1s generally less Jello prone than Canons?
 
Hacked the cam as soon as I got it, so I can't say. But from what i've read it's true! the hack improves jello!
 
Hacked the cam as soon as I got it, so I can't say. But from what i've read it's true! the hack improves jello!

Very interesting opinion, especially "from what i've read it's true". However, hack CANNOT improve jello. It's simple. Jello depends on read-rate of CMOS sensor (therefore on camera HW) and not on coding quality.
 
Sorry to hijack, but I notice that the Jello is less apparent on the kit lens, I use one other lens which is a Canon FD 50mm and Jello is crazy with that older lens.
 
^ That's because the kit lens has SUPER MEGA AWESOME IS. With any lens that doesn't, you'll get more shake in the footage, hence more jello.
 
Back
Top