Can't set shutter speed or ISO manually

AndrewSP

Member
I just got my FS700 a few days ago, shot all day yesterday and about halfway through the day I suddenly can't set my shutter speed or my ISO.

It was working earlier in the day but seemed to only switch between auto and my last manually set value.

For example, when switching ISO it would alternate between 500 and (A)3200 etc.

I literally have no idea what I must have done wrong to get it to do that, I check the manual and went through menu and every button on the camera to try and solve it.

Just some facts:
I was shooting CINE2
Camera set to manual

Any ideas? I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment :)
 
You probably have autofocus on. When on you can only switch between your last shutter setting or auto. As for ISO the GAIN-ISO button always switches between manual set and Auto set. You have to use the little gain joystick (sorry, unsure of the appropriate word) right underneath and move it up or down between 3 values that can you decide in the menu.
 
Thanks for answering that. I had the autofocus on (shooting a live show) and it seemed like the best way to go for the rapid camera moves. When I was diagnosing the problem I kept looking at the autofocus and thinking to myself, "Maybe it's the autofocus, it's the last thing I haven't tried... Nah, why would that have anything to do with the shutter speed."

Never in a million years would I have guessed the auto focus would have anything to do with the ability to change shutter speed. What a crazy, crazy world.
 
Thanks for answering that. I had the autofocus on (shooting a live show) and it seemed like the best way to go for the rapid camera moves. When I was diagnosing the problem I kept looking at the autofocus and thinking to myself, "Maybe it's the autofocus, it's the last thing I haven't tried... Nah, why would that have anything to do with the shutter speed."

Never in a million years would I have guessed the auto focus would have anything to do with the ability to change shutter speed. What a crazy, crazy world.

Yep! Glad I helped. Must agree it is quite strange considering you can turn it off, change shutter speed at whichever value and then turn autofocus back on. Anyhow you simply have to know it.
 
Back
Top