Canon with G1/GH1

DonalDuc

Active member
Nice to use Canon lenses with G1/GH1 ... no I'm waiting for my Konica adapter.

ba4l3j6rjd0i60wge.jpg
 
Nice. I plan to do the same next week when my adapter turns up, for my 10-22mm Canon EF. I see you have the Sigma version.

Is it nice and wide at 10mm? :)
 
I am reposting something from this thread: http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=175301

Maybe DonaldDuc can shed some light in the subject:

am totally new t-o this interchangable lens stuff (I have only had fixed lenses camcorders). I am really interested in being able to use my girlfriends Rebel XS lenses on my GH1 (she has a 18-55, a 70-300 and a 50mm 1.8).

I found this adapter in ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-lens-to-Panasonic-G1-GH1-micro-4-3-adapter_W0QQitemZ350201470018QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLe ns_Accessories?hash=item5189a25c42&_trksid=p3286.c 0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|24 0%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

DonalDuc. what adapter did you buy? was it this one? will you recommend it?

I know any EF lens I use will be stuck wide open and will have to use ISO, shutter and ND filters to set exposure correctly. I want to know how bad/difficult this is, if someone has done it.

My thoughts on this (just guessing):

1. Since I want to keep a film-like shutter I will have to stay between 1/30 and 1/60, I guess.

2. I can buy a couple of ND filters (what grades would you recommend?) or buy a Variable ND filter. (Variable ND filters are expensive, though. I read about using a variable and a circular polarizer together to make your own Variable ND, but I don't know how that actually works)

3. I think changing the ISO would be the easiest way to change exposure, but I don't know how much control I would have by using only ISO.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
 
Yes, I've the jinfinance adapter from Rong Jin. It is well made and you can use all Canon EOS lenses with fixed aperture (as shown here elsewhere: press the DOF button and remove lens from Canon DSLR and aperture should be fixed - not only full open). Focus of course to set manually.
 
So can Nikon or other lenses adapt down while retaining aperture controls? I'm looking at this to replace my Canon, so using that to set it isn't an option, and Micro 4/3 lenses are a bit less available. But mostly I want to use the crop factor for a telephoto boost. As much as I hate to ask and mean it, would Nikon make this possible?
 
Back
Top