Canon R5 - what do you think? :)

hasselblad

Well-known member
I am blown away. I am just wondering what would be the reason NOT to buy this camera...

Any camera shooting 4 or 8 K under $5000?
 
The only reason I do not pre-order two of these right now is because of the 30 minute video recording limit. If I could record long takes for events this would be a knockout.
 
I think it’s gonna be a completely bad @ss stills camera with an insane AF system and why I will eventually get one(video doesn’t sway me one way or the other. It’s not why I’ll be getting it.). A year ago, I would have pre-ordered yesterday, but you know, almost no work kind of makes you think twice about tossing around $3900 for something that isn’t a necessity.
 
Possibly bad rolling shutter, over heating, micro hdmi - eek, 30 minute limit, mediocre dynamic range are reasons I am going to wait and see how it looks when independent non Canon folk have got their hands on it.
For stills I am sure it will be top of its class
 
from what I've seen in dynamic range alone, I think the Sony will definitely be better in terms od dynamic range, but canon's color scheme still rules.. The stills part looks amazing though.
 
from what I've seen in dynamic range alone, I think the Sony will definitely be better in terms od dynamic range, but canon's color scheme still rules.. The stills part looks amazing though.

The new Sony S-Cinetone looks great to me. I hate Sony colors but if the A7SIII has Cinetone, then Canon's color advantage is gone. I may even like Cinetone more.
 
The new Sony S-Cinetone looks great to me. I hate Sony colors but if the A7SIII has Cinetone, then Canon's color advantage is gone. I may even like Cinetone more.
I agree and I'm hoping for this too! Great colors with S-Cinetone, skin looks great now. What I'd also really like is if Sony
would somehow include the variable electronic ND in the A7SIII. I know, I know, they can't do that because it would
compete with the FX9. But can you imagine, not only the use for shooting video, but having something like that in camera
for shooting long exposure stills? Or long exposure time-lapse so you could get rid of certain moving objects in the frame?
That would be really, really cool.
 
Back
Top