Canon mk11 first shoot, filmy looking ?

ChristianScott

Well-known member
No followfocus, no steadicam, just handheld and on the fly shooting, we had no intention of shooting anything just went to liverpool to find a nd filter,

50mm 1.4 lens with nd filter, few hours in post, comments welcome =]

http://www.vimeo.com/3605060

There you go, some ugly b4 pics lol, and im working on a nice hd version.

Okay if you wanted to see it on you tube in HQ then herego

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nMzqqug40

if not i should have the hd vimeo up as soon as i can. but tbh i think the vimeo quality is better than the youtube HQ tbh.

dave1.jpg


dave2.jpg


lights1.jpg


lights2a.jpg


shop1.jpg


shop2d.jpg


street1.jpg


street2x.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like it - not bad for just horsing around ;)

I'd love to see it in HD on Vimeo and would be nice to see before / after of your grading.

nice work.

cheno
 
I am curious what you did to muddy the colors?

Also, if you want to truly look like film of course shoot film.

Why not create and give birth to your own aesthetic?
 
Hey there, i put up the originals on the web yesterday but got shouted at by my partner, he doesnt want to ruin the magic lol,. if i remember when i get in il post them =]
 
I think this camera is so great because you can basically do a lot of your pre-production stuff, angles, etc, and you can actually see what aspects of the finished project will look like when shot on a RED.

Not only that, but I think you can probably do a lot of fixed/tripod coverage stuff that would probably flow pretty seamlessly with the Red, so you're not using up a bunch of rental time (or DP time) grabbing those shots.

The only problem is the 30fps, yeah?

But I guess you could do your Red at 30 and say screw it...
 
We wont be shooting in red, not for a long time, and the 30fps is not a problem not in our eyes, the pros destroy all the cons by a long shot, we have owned a hvx200 and it blows that camera away, =]

what did you think of the shots and the video ? its nothing serious btw, but i really love the way it turned out
 
Well i tried to upload it in hd, but it wont come up as hd for some reason, i think the reason it wont play is it trying to replace the vid, should be working very soon, just uploading one to youtube as well will post the link as soon as i get it,
 
Have you exceeded your HD upload weekly limit on Vimeo?

It makes sense that it won't play while it's uploading / updating. I'll check back. I'll wait for the Vimeo version rather than go to Youtube. The quality even of their HQ is still nowhere close Vimeo.
 
well it makes no sense actually, as the version that was already on vimeo was a 720p export anyway, yet when i uploaded it to vimeo it wasnt, and still said i had one upload left, cause i know it uploads which is done about an hour ago, and then it converts, so maybe it just wont play why its doing this, unless i just keep exporting it wrong. im not entirely sure what i should be exporting at to get the best for vimeo.
 
Also, you're not a pro member. The first HD video I uploaded finished and then took a few hours after that before it started to convert because I was in line.

I just went pro and now my HD video started converting as soon as the upload finished. Even still, after the conversion, it was about 5 or 15 minutes before the video was viewable.
 
Im using adobe media encoder. im trying to export out a hd mov now, but it takes about an hour or so to export, il just replace the original file back to how it was on vimeo then il upload a hd version on its own,
 
Back
Top