I'm in a bit of a pickle here and figured I would see what other people had to say about it:
I shoot video(Panasonic dvx100B w/ Redrock adapter and Canon FD Lenses) and photography(Canon 40D w/ a bunch of EF Lenses).
I was considering selling my DVX and all the accessories plus my 40D and buying the 5D Mark II for both photo and video. I was previously considering just upgrading to the HVX200 but I cant really afford to buy that plus the $2,700 .3x fisheye adapter (For action sports since that's mainly what I shoot) plus upgrading my Redrock which would cost all together about $8k+. I can't really afford that.
So now I'm thinking if i upgrade to the 5D I upgrade my video and photography equipment all in one plus its less equipment for me to carry around all the time. I read about ways to work around to make it fully manual which makes me want to do this even more. I will also sell my DVX and all that and 40D so I'll have some extra money afterwords to spend on extras for the 5D like maybe a new lens and/or the Redrock cage and matte box for it.
But here is my only main concern:
Since the Mark II only shoots 30p, that means its terrible for slow motion. I used to shoot 60i with my DVX and time remapped it with Twixtor. Not being able to properly slow down footage is kind of a big problem for me but it's the only thing holding me back.
Anyone input? Comments? I HIGHLY appreciate it.
I shoot video(Panasonic dvx100B w/ Redrock adapter and Canon FD Lenses) and photography(Canon 40D w/ a bunch of EF Lenses).
I was considering selling my DVX and all the accessories plus my 40D and buying the 5D Mark II for both photo and video. I was previously considering just upgrading to the HVX200 but I cant really afford to buy that plus the $2,700 .3x fisheye adapter (For action sports since that's mainly what I shoot) plus upgrading my Redrock which would cost all together about $8k+. I can't really afford that.
So now I'm thinking if i upgrade to the 5D I upgrade my video and photography equipment all in one plus its less equipment for me to carry around all the time. I read about ways to work around to make it fully manual which makes me want to do this even more. I will also sell my DVX and all that and 40D so I'll have some extra money afterwords to spend on extras for the 5D like maybe a new lens and/or the Redrock cage and matte box for it.
But here is my only main concern:
Since the Mark II only shoots 30p, that means its terrible for slow motion. I used to shoot 60i with my DVX and time remapped it with Twixtor. Not being able to properly slow down footage is kind of a big problem for me but it's the only thing holding me back.
Anyone input? Comments? I HIGHLY appreciate it.