Canon 1DC back up to $8000???

The deal/instant rebate recently expired, and the system resets the pricing back to what it was before. Then what usually happens is someone will manually (or automatically) go in and change it back to $4500 definitely or there will be another expiration date/deal. And this goes on and on until the product is discontinued or the company that makes the product makes any changes to the pricing.

Sometimes I watch products for many months and constantly see this happening.

P.S. Adorama still has the $4500 tag - http://www.adorama.com/caeos1dc.html
 
As I was surfing through BH photo and a certain price increase caught my eye:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/855962-REG/Canon_EOS_1D_C_EOS_1D_C_4K_Cinema.html

is this really true? It was $4500 just a couple of days ago. I'm so confused right now. LOL

The deal/instant rebate recently expired, and the system resets the pricing back to what it was before. Then what usually happens is someone will manually (or automatically) go in and change it back to $4500 definitely or there will be another expiration date/deal. And this goes on and on until the product is discontinued or the company that makes the product makes any changes to the pricing.

Sometimes I watch products for many months and constantly see this happening.

P.S. Adorama still has the $4500 tag - http://www.adorama.com/caeos1dc.html


Oh ok. Thanks for the info. This makes sense. Hopefully they change it back because I was considering buying this camera.
 
Adorama had it used the other day for $2900. Still not even worth that in my opinion. I used to own one, and those file sizes in 4K were just ridiculous. Dynamic range was very limited. Ended up just using my 5d3.
 
Adorama had it used the other day for $2900. Still not even worth that in my opinion. I used to own one, and those file sizes in 4K were just ridiculous. Dynamic range was very limited. Ended up just using my 5d3.

Oh wow. Good to know. And Yes I agree that the 5d3 is still an amazing camera.
 
I used a 5D Mark IV for a corporate event over the weekend and it was so fun. So easy to run-and-gun with and the footage (4K/24p) came out crystal clear even at high ISOs @8000-10000. I know many of us are chasing the film look and trying to capture cinematic images, but the new Canon SLRs (1DX Mark II and 5D Mark IV) provide such a beautiful and modern image that people always seem to love (at least in my experience).

I shot the entire thing with a 35mm 1.4L II in neutral and they didn't want anything touched (CC/grading).

And even with the crop, shallow DOF gets them every time, haha.
 
I used a 5D Mark IV for a corporate event over the weekend and it was so fun. So easy to run-and-gun with and the footage (4K/24p) came out crystal clear even at high ISOs @8000-10000. I know many of us are chasing the film look and trying to capture cinematic images, but the new Canon SLRs (1DX Mark II and 5D Mark IV) provide such a beautiful and modern image that people always seem to love (at least in my experience).

I shot the entire thing with a 35mm 1.4L II in neutral and they didn't want anything touched (CC/grading).

And even with the crop, shallow DOF gets them every time, haha.

Agreed. I own an a7sii & a6300 as well as a 1dx mark ii and my clients love the look of the 1dxii way more than the Sony look. I show them samples of the 2 cameras and they pick the 1dxii in a heartbeat. They said the exact same thing you said, "That canon looks so modern". As much as I like my Sonys, in my experience as well, people like the 1dxii look much more.
 
Back
Top