Can someone help me with this FS700 + O7Q Chromakey?

Hello,

I've been trying to get a proper chromakey on this footage but the hair and contours are not ideal.
There was a light issue on the shooting but I still believe its possible to achieve a proper chroma, so I'm asking if anyone can help me out with this.
I've used After Effect (ACR) to color correct, increase exposure and reduce it to 1080p from 4K and then applied ultrakey on Premiere.


On the dropbox folder below there is the RAW files and the result that I could get (mp4).
Files are 4K 25fps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i7odbxppp4yq33r/AAD6XfOBknN_nXoq3wavqnDca?dl=0
(Files still uploading)

Thank you :)
 
I'm downloading it now, but it seems you're still uploading. I'll take a look once I download a decent bit of it.
 
I haven't looked at the files, but wouldn't it seem like it would be easier to do the key in After Effects on the 4k footage before color correct and reducing to 1080p?
 
I agree with Strouty. It's always best, if possible, to run the key on the original footage. In this instance, do the key in After Effects and then export using an alpha channel (ProRes 4444). You can even do the key in a 1080 comp so your finished render resolution isn't huge, but this way the key will have access to the most information available.

I got a decent quick key in AE using just Keylight, though tweaking for the green cast would be necessary before I'd call it done. Here's the rough key I put together: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy87xvmln0f5dqf/Rough Key.aep?dl=0

Hope it helps!
 
brazzam, thanks a lot, it really did the trick!
I've tried on premiere since its the program that I'm used to, but doing it in After Effects is clever.

How do you normally remove the green cast that is visible? Adjusting greens on ACR wont make it since its affecting the hole key thing.

Once again, thank you!
 
Usually you can play around with the color correction settings in Keylight in AE that has some edge color correction tools. There's also an Effect in AE called "Advanced Spill Suppressor" that can be helpful. You can always look up some tutorials online and they'll help you understand how it works if you're unfamiliar.

Honestly, the best thing to do is light the green screen/talent to reduce spill... but I know that's an annoying answer that only works well in hindsight, haha. I've just learned that having to do a lot of spill removal is tough to get right, wastes time, and rarely gives me the results I want.

Glad to help!
 
Amazingly the Advanced Spill Suppressor helped a lot.
Cannot see a green spill on it, I either have a low standard or the result is pretty good.

:)
 
i have finished a greenscreen project lately, and made the same experience.

keylight does a very good job in comparison to ultra key in general (meaning independant what footage you use). but: ultra key is abolutely unusable with O7Q dngs. the result reminds me a little of the "magenta cast" problem, premiere had a long time with these dngs.

i have absolutely no explanation for this phenomenon, but it is what i had to learn...
 
Back
Top