Cambodia Wats and Ruins

mojo43

Well-known member
A compilation of Wats and Ruins throughout Cambodia filmed on my one month trip this year. The audio was taken at dusk while 150 or so monks were praying in a Wat that we were visiting. I really wish I had my zoom recorder with me, but unfortunately I didn't so the audio was taken with the GH1 over two nights there.

The gong sounds seem to go off 20 minutes before the nightly praying as a calling to the monks.

HD can be viewed here: http://www.vimeo.com/14693261

 
What an inspiration! Thanks so much for witnessing that, for shooting that, and for sharing that. :)
 
beautiful footage!
the colours at 1m26s are especially appealing to me, i love muted out colour, any colour correction done?
pref film modes? and settings?
the ruins and location makes my jaw drop... stunning!

may i ask how you felt personally after being in a place like that? :)

so long ago and such beauty/intelligence/craftsmanship remains... i wonder what we will leave... some bubble gum and a broken TV arial perhaps haha :)
 
Watched all 3 parts again this morning. Very moving footage.
Great job all around. Thank you for sharing.
 
beautiful footage!
the colours at 1m26s are especially appealing to me, i love muted out colour, any colour correction done?
pref film modes? and settings?
the ruins and location makes my jaw drop... stunning!

so long ago and such beauty/intelligence/craftsmanship remains... i wonder what we will leave... some bubble gum and a broken TV arial perhaps haha :)

Thanks for the kind words... There was colour grading done, yes. I find that I switch between nostalgic and vibrant mode depending on the scene although I plan to play around with other modes in the future. My settings were 40, 42, 45 and 24p Native unchecked.

may i ask how you felt personally after being in a place like that? :)

Sure... I felt awesome! It is an amazing place and I highly recommend it!
 
Back
Top