calibrating two different mini-dv

jjpopp

Active member
HI - on my next shoot I will use my DVX but may have one additional camera man using a different mini-dv. I need some guidance on using both of these camera but still getting a consistent image. I am using a SOng filed monitor but had planned to plug directly into the DVX. I know that I will need to white-balance both but any other tips, thoughts would be appreciated.
 
Re: calibrating two different mini-dv

No other camera can match the DVX's progressive-scan image, especially the 24P image, so that means you'll probably be stuck shooting 60i.

Best tip I could give you would be (if at all possible) to rent or borrow a second DVX for your second cameraman.
 
Re: calibrating two different mini-dv

Calibrate! Calibrate! Dance to the music...

Yeah, try to get another DVX... or do it as a one-camera shoot with the DVX you have.

You really, really, really don't want to have people suddenly aware of a different look when you cut to a CU or pick up shot.

After all, you're trying to keep them involved in the storyline without being distracted by technique, etc.

And a jump from 24P to 60i is jarring enough to wake anyone from the reality you are creating.
 
Back
Top