Bought a DVX100b!

I finally sold my vx2000 that i was well pleased with for a dvx100b. Its supposed to come in on Monday. I cant wait! it was a pain getting this thing thought. first i ordered it off a company on ebay called empire digital. man dont trust them for sure. after two weeks of waiting and endless calling i decided to call one more time to cancel. Btw the are soo rude. Pricks really. when i called they told me that the factory in china where they get them was hit by an earthquake and they have been waiting for them. I said the heck with that and placed my order with Newegg. Atleast from Newegg i know its legit and i actually get a warranty. So yeah i cant wait to get filming!
 
Welcome and congratulations on your first post! The anticipation is always a feeling you'll remember about this camera.
Jgastelb
 
there really was a earthquake that damaged the CCD factory. So there hasn't been many DVX's around.

Newegg did have a "open box" not long ago but nothing came with the camera,,,,,battery, charger books, etc. Hopefully you didn't get that "great deal".

The shipments out of Japan should start soon.
 
I ordered mine from B&H. Their web site said it might be a week or two until they get one and ship it, however, mine was shipped the day after I ordered it. It arrived shortly thereafter. It's fantastic.

I owe a huge thanks to the members of this site for all their helpful information while I was making my decision on what to buy. And just in case anyone is curious, I'm using the dvx100b with an at4073a mounted on camera with the rode sm-3 shockmount and a rycote softie. (I know, not ideal, but for a one-man ENG setup it's working great.) Great camera, great mic, great results.
 
congrats on the 100b turk... don't forget to leave a comment on there ebay store site. looking forward to see you surfin the forum
 
OK I finally got it today! i was wondering when you tip the nose of the camera forward and backward is there supposed to be a kid of clicking sound? not sure if thats normal. ive never held one before this.
 
OK I finally got it today! i was wondering when you tip the nose of the camera forward and backward is there supposed to be a kid of clicking sound? not sure if thats normal. ive never held one before this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the link below.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=48809
 
Wow good thing its normal. kinda weird though i had a hunch that it was not a problem. Thanks for the info. im lovin this dvx right now. im getting great colors right out of the box.
 
Back
Top