Body-worn spy camera recommendations? (x-post from documentary)

custerc

Well-known member
Hi all, not sure if anyone here has done anything like this, but I'm currently developing a concept for my second doc feature, and as it stands right now, it looks like a good portion of it will need to be shot with hidden cameras worn on the body. Obviously there are some watches and pens around that are pretty cheap, as well as some snake cameras with DVRs and such that could be strapped to the body that I'v found on Amazon and elsewhere, but I'm wondering whether there are any slightly more professional options out there.

Obviously there's no way tiny spy camera footage is going to look like DSLR footage or whatever, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any particular models/companies whose products are (a) high definition (720p is fine) and work OK in low light and (b) are reliable (not crappy plastic junk) and have at least a few hours of battery life. These camera will be used in bits of our film where, if they break somehow and it's revealed we're using spy cameras, we could be in quite a bit of trouble (not legal trouble, more like getting-beaten-and-thrown-in-a-ditch trouble).

Any recommendations, or ideas for where to look/who to ask for this sort of thing?

(I posted this in the documentary section too, as I'm not sure where it fits best. Mods feel free to delete one or the other if it's inappropriate to do that).
 
CMD-BU13 is a 720p CMOS button camera. CMD-BU18 is a 550line CCD button camera. They both look pretty good to me, for button cameras that is.
 
Hi all, not sure if anyone here has done anything like this, but I'm currently developing a concept for my second doc feature, and as it stands right now, it looks like a good portion of it will need to be shot with hidden cameras worn on the body. Obviously there are some watches and pens around that are pretty cheap, as well as some snake cameras with DVRs and such that could be strapped to the body that I'v found on Amazon and elsewhere, but I'm wondering whether there are any slightly more professional options out there.

Obviously there's no way tiny spy camera footage is going to look like DSLR footage or whatever, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any particular models/companies whose products are (a) high definition (720p is fine) and work OK in low light and (b) are reliable (not crappy plastic junk) and have at least a few hours of battery life. These camera will be used in bits of our film where, if they break somehow and it's revealed we're using spy cameras, we could be in quite a bit of trouble (not legal trouble, more like getting-beaten-and-thrown-in-a-ditch trouble).

Any recommendations, or ideas for where to look/who to ask for this sort of thing?

(I posted this in the documentary section too, as I'm not sure where it fits best. Mods feel free to delete one or the other if it's inappropriate to do that).

I get a bit nervous on this topic, but here's what I use and we are working on modifying them for remote control.
I use Flip Video Mino HD cameras mounted behind shirts that my seamstress had modified for me. I'd rather leave it at that without any details.
 
Back
Top