Blue screen on capture

Bart Walczak

New member
Hello,

Could somebody help me understand what exactly might be going on.

We bought JVC HD101 recently along with BR-HD50 for capturing. We shot about 22 hours of material during a fishing expedition in Spain. We used 576p50 format because we had another DV camera which we wanted to merge pictures with. Several tapes were either recorded wrongly or something must have happened with them on the way back. There are about 20 minute "holes" in the material where certainly something was shot - the timecode goes on, but all I get is a blue screen, as if the equipment was not able to "catch" the encoding... If the same tape is previewed in the camera, it displays only "mode changing..." caption, and the material is also unreadable.

I guess the material is lost, but if any of you can help me understand what happened, I would be grateful. The camera was sent to JVC Germany for inspection/repair.

Best regards
Bart Walczak
 
Bart Walczak said:
Hello,

Could somebody help me understand what exactly might be going on.

We bought JVC HD101 recently along with BR-HD50 for capturing. We shot about 22 hours of material during a fishing expedition in Spain. We used 576p50 format because we had another DV camera which we wanted to merge pictures with. Several tapes were either recorded wrongly or something must have happened with them on the way back. There are about 20 minute "holes" in the material where certainly something was shot - the timecode goes on, but all I get is a blue screen, as if the equipment was not able to "catch" the encoding... If the same tape is previewed in the camera, it displays only "mode changing..." caption, and the material is also unreadable.

I guess the material is lost, but if any of you can help me understand what happened, I would be grateful. The camera was sent to JVC Germany for inspection/repair.

Best regards
Bart Walczak

Bart,

This problem was fixed in the US with the "A" upgrade. I am sure that the German service center can fix the problem with a firmware upgrade.

good luck,

Dan Weber
 
Thanks a lot for replying! Yesterday I also found a thread on dvinfo.net that concerned the same subject. That puts my mind at ease although some bad taste due to the lost material remains.
 
JVC HD111 timecode drop

JVC HD111 timecode drop

I recently also start shooting on a brand new JVC111.Went to Mozambique for a shoot but on location the camera also gave problems.After a full day of shooting I did playback only to find some shots were simply not on the tape but also a blue screen.Timecode is running as well during this blue screen.We were using a V-Mount for 7.2v batteries.Can it be that one needs to use JVC mini-dv tapes as my dealer told me and not Sony or Panasonic.Anycase my camera is also in for service.Quality is really amazing!
 
Back
Top