better moviemode review at cameralabs

oh my... I thought my hand held skills were 'one of the worst ever'. I feel better after watching those clips!
 
Interesting that they too found the autofocus much less reliable in 1080 than 720. I pointed this out too, but it for whatever reason it doesn't seem that too many people ever mentioned that or are bothered by it.
 
Interesting that they too found the autofocus much less reliable in 1080 than 720. I pointed this out too, but it for whatever reason it doesn't seem that too many people ever mentioned that or are bothered by it.

Has been a fact of life for several years since the DVX100 came out, because it was the 1st 24p miniDV cam. "Inherent in the technology." Especially in a relatively low-cost camera. Old news, but I guess it needs repeating.
 
Autofocus works more slowly because it is 24p, not because it is 1080. Compared to 60p, there are lot fewer points of focus data that the camera recieves while recording, thus it will take 2-3 times longer to focus.
 
Back
Top