Best Tripod and Head

Re: Best Tripod and Head

Good Point, sky is the limit I guess.
But I don't have huge money. Would love to get both together for under $500...is it possible?
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

I use the 503 head almost daily and love it. It is way better than the 501.  I use the 525 legs with that setup, and they are pretty good.

Or you could spend a few more bucks and get this:

setup.jpg
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

ha ha, if it counts l took that photo with a dvx on the 503 head and we didn't actually use those wheels during production because the setup was such a pain In the ass.
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

those arri wheels pretty much are a tank... pretty bomb proof and slow moving, but smooth as hell.

And that Arri 6x6 mattebox we used on the front is no lightweight contender either.
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

still looks pretty damn cool though.
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

Taylor_Moore, I asked around a bit before I bought my tripod and kit, and here's my two-cents worth:

I bought the Manfrotto 501-525MVB Kit, and I LOVE IT! Rock solid pans & tilts, easy to setup, and very stable. The price, in Canadian dollars, is $859 at dvshop.ca. B&H sells it as well, but I didn't look at their price, since you're from Canada.

jchenier
 
Re: Best Tripod and Head

the 501 was pretty much the bargain price standard.. the 503 though for a extra $100 or so gives you true fluid motion and a return spring.. you will appreciate the return spring if you ever have dipped the camera before on a tripod without it.
 
Back
Top