Best Place to Preorder a GH1?

Schmoe

Member
Hi everyone,
Finally decided to pull the trigger on getting myself a GH1. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on where it would be best to preorder? B&H, Adorama, J&R, Panasonic Direct... ?

Obviously, the idea is to get the camera as soon as possible. I realize that to some degree this is a "your guess is as good as mine'" type of question, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas or insight. :beer:
 
The camera is already out, you don't need to pre-order. Just call a few stores or come to Canada, the land of plenty ... of GH1s.
 
I recently talked to the manager of a local (and large) camera store. Her exact words: "Panasonic is having serious distribution issues!"

No doubt!

I'm on the waiting list of this local camera store, and I'm keeping an eye on B&H and Adorama. I've lost all faith in Panasonic Direct.
 
Oh dear, I was about 3 seconds away from pulling the trigger at Panasonic direct when I saw this thread. What's the price premium for going with Canada? (Off to check...)


Edit: ~$1,650 USD. My budget won't allow for $150 premium right now to have it now, unfortunately, so....I'll sit here and wait for best bet on where to order from US. You bet I"m going to have a sharp eye on B&H! *creates dashboard widget*
 
Last edited:
Oh dear, I was about 3 seconds away from pulling the trigger at Panasonic direct when I saw this thread. What's the price premium for going with Canada? (Off to check...)


Edit: ~$1,650 USD. My budget won't allow for $150 premium right now to have it now, unfortunately, so....I'll sit here and wait for best bet on where to order from US. You bet I"m going to have a sharp eye on B&H! *creates dashboard widget*


what stores have it for 1650?

of course other downsides ARE DUTY. who got theirs from canada already?

how much DUTY was needed?

and servicing in canada ONLY. expensive shipping.
 
Last edited:
yeah,

has anyone who bought from Henrys > to USA > posted yet, about their
experience, PLUS TOTAL FINAL COST?
 
Henry's was great to deal with, very very nice people. I ordered on a Friday and I had my camera on Tuesday (N.Y.). There was no duty tax at all, but mine was delivered by USPS.

The price was $1,650 + $18 shipping, so not a whole lot different than had I ordered from Panasonic direct (which I did and cancelled out of frustration) with tax.
 
There was no duty tax at all, but mine was delivered by USPS.
.

wow! great deal. and NO duty! you must have slipped through the cracks.

I thought they wanted 1725 us ?

anyways Im still thinkin of picking one up in person

in the LAND OF THE RISING SUN!
 
No, pretty sure it's $1650 at Henrys....$1899.99CAD...unless duties are what brings it up to there? But that wasn't listed anywhere.
 
Back
Top