best cases for FS700

I use the Pelican 1510... Depends what you're looking for. Keeps everything safe and size wise it is pretty good.
 
I have the pelican as well if i need a solid case, but if your after a softer, lighter, and more compact solution the camrade run and gun XL bags are great!!
 
I have so much stuff to tote around with mine, I put a CineBags CB40 on the job (http://www.cinebags.com/#!cb40-high-roller/ct8p). It holds the camera (with a Speedbooster and Canon 24-70 lens, although I usually remove all lenses before transporting), 6 large Sony L batteries, warm cards, Noga Arms, Kinotehnik EVF and batteries for it, VCT-14 camera plate, lens cleaning accessories, a bunch of cables, just a bunch of other stuff. It's not the right case for flying with the camera, but on local jobs, it's great - really sturdy and easy to find and get to everything.
 
Get a thinktank airport security and thank me later :) Tried hard cases but found them to be overkill(heavy, cumbersome, high profile for thieves and provide little space). If your budget & crew can support them they can't be beat in terms of protection, but I have found professional still photography bags to be superior for traveling cinematographers. Thinktank's prices are a little higher then most others, but so is their quality and customer service.

95% of my work requires long distance travel so I'm constantly flying/driving/etc for jobs. My bags easily have over 100k miles on them and are still going strong :)
 
Back
Top