Best camera to record a demolition?

MrSeth

Well-known member
What camera can I use to record a demolition? Like all demolitions, they don't have a fixed date. They gave us a 2 - 3 day tentative.

I need to mount 2 cameras, one across the street and one close-by. Here are the requirements:

- I won't have wall outlet so they'll have to be battery-based.
- They can't be stop-motioned. They have to get each frame, at least 12 fps
- At least a 720p quality if possible
- I'll mount it 2 days in advance and leave it there recording. They can't turn off on me :(


What would you suggest?
 
I'd get two used GoPro Hero2 cameras. They're pretty cheap now on ebay and super durable. The two day run time would only work if you could power them via USB somehow. Even then, you couldn't really find an SD card with enough space to store that much 720p footage. Is there any way you could start them running just before the demolition?
 
Just finished a 2 month project with 3 gopros shooting the changeover of a clients assembly line. I did have access to ac but rather than let the cameras run continuously for 2 months I used the Cam-Do programmable scheduler. It will allow you to program the start and stop times for the cameras and offers a high degree of flexibility. Their a little awkward to program but once you get the hang of it they work great. I'd also consider getting a couple of large batteries that will take a usb cable. I think B&H sells one for around $130 that might do the trick. Good luck!
 
Back
Top