B+W ND filter stuck on adapter ring

Everts

Veteran
My B+W 77mm ND filter filter is stuck on a B+W 72-77 mm adapter ring. Its stuck tight any solutions ?
Im afraid I will have to cut the ring open but ofcourse there's a chance I could damage the ND filter as well.:(

I have a shoot in a couple of days so please help !

Thanks,

Everts
 
Two things to try that usually work:\
1. Get a clean rubber soled shoe and press filter into it while turning lens
2. Go to the auto parts store and get a hose clamp that fits the filter. Tighten firmly then
grasp the screw portion of the clamp and turn. (This usually removes the tightest filters)

GOOD LUCK!
 
if you're unable to separate them, take it to a technician. He'll do it in a minute and won't harm the filter. He may leave a mark on the ring but the glass will be fine.
 
Cut back on the carbs and three sets of ten reps every morning for two weeks will get you there.

hand_exerciser_hand-grip.jpg
 
Go to the gym.....and ask the most ripped guy there to help.


believe me they couldn't even touch it , popped it today.
Thanks for the tips guys.

Here's what I did .

I screwed them ( stepup ring and ND filter ) on my HMC 150 but here's the thing I screwed them a bit crucket..aaah not straight so they got jammed it the ring of the HMC. Now I had something holding the step-up ring firmly so I could turn the ND filter loose ... like the girl from a few blocks away.

Im gonna " invest" in one of those hose clamps .

Now the only thing missing is McGee's stadium picture to close this thread.


Thanks again .

Everts
 
Back
Top