Any one using Vue?

I've used it twice, and in the end I gave up, its not that the concept is bad or that the output is bad, its just just a bloatware piece of software. It just feels so sluggish, and the whole interface does NOT seems to be designed for professionals.

Its really frustating, I've seen the amazing outputs from there website, but it amazes me how anything could be done with such a non-repsonive software.

I think things like paintFX (Maya) and gigapolygon core tech from XSI (or even terragen), would be a better way for pros to do this kind of terrain gen

lately I've been looking at ULTRA slim softwares, eg microTorrent, its about 250kb in size yet every bit as powerful as Azeurus, but its lighting fast in terms of loading time and respone.

Also things like Jcreator (Java IDE), compared to MS Visual Studio, its only about 3.5MB, Vs a whole CD installation, yet it pretty much the same things, loads a hell of lot faster.

Anyway sorry for my bloatware Software rant, I guess I'm knee deep in programing and needed to blow some steam off.

as for your question, I'm not too happy with vue, but thats just my view....
 
Thank you for imput Anhar,
but it is all in personal prefferences.
I am looking for people, who like to make film and like using Vue in there projects, to share some tips and ideas.
 
i have started to learn it. Seems like Vue 6 is way more realistic than Vue 5. I tried the 6 PLE but only own 5 Inifinte. Seems very powerful if you can take the time to create camera moves the way you need to incorporate with actual video.
 
Hi gang, first post here. :) Just stumbled across this site while researching the Canon HV20.

I use Vue 6 (Infinite). It is hands-down the best 3D terrain generating software available, imho - especially for the price. It's fun to use and the learning curve is quite low, compared to similar apps. ILM, as well as some other VFX shops are using Vue6 extensively now.

The other 3D app that is fantastic for terrain generation is Carrara 6 Pro. Carrara is more of a jack-of-all trades, but don't let that fool you - it is an amazingly powerful 3D package and can do a lot of things quite well. It also has one of the best and fastest rendering engines available.

- craig
 
vue is fab

vue is fab

we have vue and have been using it for a few months now and have got some stunning results. We created a 10 sec clip using Max and Vue of a Spitfire attacking a couple of JU 52's and managed to get a very nice sequence. We did the aircraft in Max and managed a work around to get a camera path into vue so we could create some nice volumetric clouds. We did the composite in shake.

I'd say go for it, beats terragen & dreamsacape & xfrog by a country mile.

S
 
I am not a professional, but frankly I think most professional 3d software looks like something designed by aliens from another planet. Not intuitive in the least. Vue 6 was the first program I could just poke my way around and figure out well enough to get good looking results in a short amount of time.
 
Back
Top