As shown here, 720/25p and 720/30p modes will be "over 50i" and "over 60i" respectively.
AFAIK, 720 is pure progressive mode, with no need for pulldown from an interlaced stream, if 2:2 pulldown is needed, it is usually applied on progressive basis, ("over 50p", "over 60p")...
Could it be a typo, or is Panasonic going to introduce a new standard beyond ATSC's specs?
More:
- "VFR in 720p mode is not supported";
- No 25p/30p Native mode, neither in 1080 nor in 720, while the camera will be able to shoot up to 60 frames per second in 1080 VFR mode...
I'm wondering if the CMOS sensor can work both in progressive and in interlaced way...
Am I missing something?
AFAIK, 720 is pure progressive mode, with no need for pulldown from an interlaced stream, if 2:2 pulldown is needed, it is usually applied on progressive basis, ("over 50p", "over 60p")...
Could it be a typo, or is Panasonic going to introduce a new standard beyond ATSC's specs?
More:
- "VFR in 720p mode is not supported";
- No 25p/30p Native mode, neither in 1080 nor in 720, while the camera will be able to shoot up to 60 frames per second in 1080 VFR mode...
I'm wondering if the CMOS sensor can work both in progressive and in interlaced way...
Am I missing something?