A7SII camera firmware update

Viscount Omega

Carbonite Member
Just saw this today. I like the "AF flexible spot" improvement. The rest of it I don't know if I need.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=ILCE7SM2&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This utility updates the camera firmware to version 3.00 and provides the following benefits:

Adds the Auto Pwr OFF Temp function

Improves operability of the camera:

Improves operability when the AF area is set to flexible spot
Adds Live View Display into custom button assignment
Adds the Set File Name function
Supports visible light LED with external flash for AF (HVL-F45RM External Flash)
Improves release time lag when wireless flash is used
Improves image quality when Long Exposure NR setting is ON
Improves overall stability of the camera
 
Last edited:
I'd be interested to know whether it gets rid of the OpenMemories unlimited recording tweak or not. Any brave soul willing to give it a shot?
 
I am kind of disappointed for this update, Im hoping they add the custom menu option as the a9. :(
 
I'd be interested to know whether it gets rid of the OpenMemories unlimited recording tweak or not. Any brave soul willing to give it a shot?

I read a comment that it gets rid of that tweak. After the update, you can no long install 3rd party apps (only Sony ones). If you need unlimited recording, do not update.
 
I just updated mine with OpenMemories installed and the app is still there. All languages work and as far as I can see there's no record limit. So it looks like it works just like before the update.
 
I would like to see a update to allow synchro-scan or at least change shutter speed increments. I filmed a wedding yesterday and all the chandeliers were LEDs and had to shoot at 1/40 to minimize rolling bands. Pulled my GH5 out to see if it was any better and it was less noticeable and had the option to dial in a shutter speed with synchro-scan.
 
Anyone test the overheating with the new Auto Pwr Off Temp function? How are we to know if this function is going to ruin in the internals of the camera?
 
I would like to see a update to allow synchro-scan or at least change shutter speed increments. I filmed a wedding yesterday and all the chandeliers were LEDs and had to shoot at 1/40 to minimize rolling bands. Pulled my GH5 out to see if it was any better and it was less noticeable and had the option to dial in a shutter speed with synchro-scan.

I did the same exact thing at a presentation a few months back, but it was with the a6300 and G85.

Sony has the worst rolling bands on the mirrorless' with certain lights...not sure what's up with that, but Panasonic handles them better for sure.
 
Just undated the 3.0 firmware and yes it goes back to 29 minute recording limit. However, just go back into
the Open Memories Tweak and reset it to 13h 1m 00s
 
Back
Top