A7s zebra issue...zebras showing up next to (rather than on top of) overexposed areas

For some reason when I activate zebras for overexposed areas, my A7s doesn't actually display zebras on top of the overexposed areas but next to them.

Is this normal for the A7 line?
 
Really? I was a little surprised because my GH4 shows zebras exactly over the hottest areas, but here on the A7s it's actually below. I thought it was a bug or issue with my unit.
Good to know and thank you for your feedback on this.
 
I've read somewhere that zebras on the a7s don't show "everything above 90%" but "everything at 90%".
 
I ended up turning off the zebras actually.

What about the "MM" (manual metering?) exposure symbol? At the bottom of the screen I see these numbers that keep changing according to the exposure.
I'm assuming that's the A7s's metering function. How accurate is it? And when it's at "0" does that mean the image is perfectly exposed???
 
I would have to test whether it works OK with slog2, but in theory that indicator will say "0" when you point the camera at a grey card and the image is perfectly exposed (in slog2, when that grey card is at IRE 32%). If you point the camera at something that is not mid grey and use that indicator, you can get misled.
 
Back
Top