A7S Shipping?

jb.

Veteran
I just got a shipment notification from B&H that my A7s pre-order shipped. Seems a little early...
 
Whoa it doesn't seem to specify it as a pre-order item on their website anymore...

It did seem like Sony was ready to get these out early. They pushed the release forward from July 8 to July 1 already, maybe they are already shipping.
 
That's amazing, as during last few days I am absorbing any info about a7s. So very soon finally we should see some proper tests.
 
I just got off the phone with Sony and they are still saying that it will be released on 6/30. I told them that some people are already getting their shipping notices from retail outlets and I was surprised that going direct with Sony (which is saving them money) was a good choice but apparently not!!
 
Whoa it doesn't seem to specify it as a pre-order item on their website anymore...

It did seem like Sony was ready to get these out early. They pushed the release forward from July 8 to July 1 already, maybe they are already shipping.

Well they still say pre-order but right above "product highlights" instead of right at the top like before.
 
Mine shipped today due in on Wednesday. I read the email and quickly ordered the Metabones Canon EF adapter. I dont have any NEX lenses or adapters. Early delivery caught me.
 
Mine shipped today due in on Wednesday. I read the email and quickly ordered the Metabones Canon EF adapter. I dont have any NEX lenses or adapters. Early delivery caught me.

muaahhahahaaa i have the metabones v4 sitting right here Erik!! Oh wait, i have no a7s :(
 
I have a feeling there will just be plenty if a7s's to go around. This isn't panasonic...

+1

And its a bit more of a specialized camera, smaller market than say the RX100mk3, don't think there will be any large scale shortages. I bet its readily available from the outset. I ordered from B&H, hoping to see a shipping notice soon...
 
Sorry to pass on bummer news, but I have heard that the Odyessy 7q is going to need a circuit board upgrade to work either the Sony or the Gh4 hdmi 4k and not until september at the earliest. I really hope that I am wrong, but I see no reason to get this camera yet without a 4k solution.
 
really? FF35 still camera at $1k less than a 5dmk3 with more lens choices that also happens to have sharp unaliased 1080p video that may match $8-20k cameras and may exceed all cameras in low light? All in a miniature package that's practically pocketable? I guess if all you do is 4k then gh4 is the better option for the moment though.
 
Back
Top