A7s overheating issues?

griplimited

Well-known member
It was common from the Nex 5n and 7. With such a compact body, I'd like to hear real reports from end users.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the A7s, however most of my shooting is live event style. I'm curious if this will be an issue for this cam.

Time limit is not a problem for me. Thanks
 
It was common from the Nex 5n and 7. With such a compact body, I'd like to hear real reports from end users.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the A7s, however most of my shooting is live event style. I'm curious if this will be an issue for this cam.

Time limit is not a problem for me. Thanks
The A7s held up well in Arizona at temps over 100 degrees but that was in HD. In 4K it will get that sensor cooking!
 
I would expect 4K to be cooler than 1080p, but it really depends on the implementations of the detail, I can think of designs that would be warmer when exporting 4K than when recording 1080p (e.g. if for 1080p you first downscale and then debayer, but I think this camera doesn't work like that).
 
Back
Top