Disambiguous66
Member
My daughter is a circus performer, and she was out practicing her juggling the other day. On the spur of the moment, I grabbed my FS700 and Edelkrone slider and went to take some video. https://vimeo.com/128454164
Many thanks to Qazwsx, I'm now a lot more confident using the camera at the higher quality settings.
I'm a little disappointed at what the Vimeo website does to the image, as it is not as sharp as the original file. I have also read that Macs make Vimeo videos even fuzzier, for some reason due to the Mac's internal processing.
Focus was a challenge, as my daughter was moving around a bit and I was shooting wide open in the fading sunset light. Tech specs are at the end of the video. Min shutter speed was 1/250, and some of the sun-lit shots were as fast as 1/400 (earlier scenes shot while the sun was up went to 1/1000, but those didn't make the cut). Even when the light got low and I had to crank up the gain a little bit to 9db, things held up well.
The more I use this camera, the happier I am with my decision to get it.
Next time, to get a dark background I will shoot at night and bring out some lights. Hopefully by then I'll have my adapter that will allow me to use my Nikon 70-200 2.8 to get some additional lens speed in the dark.
Many thanks to Qazwsx, I'm now a lot more confident using the camera at the higher quality settings.
I'm a little disappointed at what the Vimeo website does to the image, as it is not as sharp as the original file. I have also read that Macs make Vimeo videos even fuzzier, for some reason due to the Mac's internal processing.
Focus was a challenge, as my daughter was moving around a bit and I was shooting wide open in the fading sunset light. Tech specs are at the end of the video. Min shutter speed was 1/250, and some of the sun-lit shots were as fast as 1/400 (earlier scenes shot while the sun was up went to 1/1000, but those didn't make the cut). Even when the light got low and I had to crank up the gain a little bit to 9db, things held up well.
The more I use this camera, the happier I am with my decision to get it.
Next time, to get a dark background I will shoot at night and bring out some lights. Hopefully by then I'll have my adapter that will allow me to use my Nikon 70-200 2.8 to get some additional lens speed in the dark.