3D Character animation

Michael Schrengohst

Well-known member
My biggest client wants to take a 2D static character he has used for print, video and web to 3D.

We are in Dallas, TX but can work with anyone across the country.

I have tried to do a talent search but have come up with not much.

Initially the client wants a static render for print and web.

Eventually we need the character to talk. We will supply audio files.

Much of the direction of these projects will depend on the animator.

Right now I am looking for reels on websites and idea of what
you have charged for past projects.

e-mail:
Mike Schrengohst

dvd.pro@verizon.net

Thanks
 
depends the complexity of the character.
if he got a solid figurine you can even scan it in 3D, so the work is minimal.
or if it is a simple solid, you can get something close from the web ( http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models) or modelizing from pictures.
google for "3D scan" , you will find a lot of company doing it.
you can 'biped" almost anything and there are some website selling movement.
for the talk, there are plugins in 3DSmax, so it is basically no work, you just need the wav files.
you should take a look to http://www.mixamo.com/
when you chareacter is 3D, biped, you can even make a virtual puppet of it and make real time animation like in ToonMX.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I have seen that. I just have no time to learn character animation.
I need another person who does this full time to do my little projects.
 
Back
Top