35mm Adapater - Yes or No

35mm Adapater - Yes or No

  • Yes

    Votes: 32 49.2%
  • No

    Votes: 33 50.8%

  • Total voters
    65
I'm curious, who is shooting their film with a 35mm Adapter and who isn't.

We didn't use one on our film.
 
Last edited:
<------- HVX200/HPX500 + Letus EX / Brevis + Nikon 17-35mm, 50mm and 80mm-200mm.
 
Last edited:
Looks like I will be using an SGPro. But I have a couple of on the street night scene where I am pretty sure I will not be able to get enough light. So those will likely be naked lens.

On the short I just did, the Suicide Note, we had done away with the adapter in order to loosen up the camera some, and give it more mobility. But on this one, I am storyboarding tighter shots.
 
yes, 35mm adapters were used on I.F.H.Y.

1197409118.jpg


1197410874.jpg
 
I have access to an M2 but I'm going to be doing some tests to see how different shots look with and without. My biggest question is how the addition or subtraction of the ground glass and the grain will affect the image.
So for now, I'm on the fence.
 
No cash for one yet, but I might be renting for my Directorial debut

I am 90% leaning towards the Brevis but want to check out the Letus

(first editing short I edited was shot without one, on sig)


EDIT: Zak those grabs are gorgeous
 
yes, 35mm adapters were used on I.F.H.Y.

Adapter "S"? Which ones?

Just saw the Letus flip and it lets out a boat load more light than the SG pro... still have to check out the Brevis. So far the M2 is the prettiest I've seen and the Letus the fastest. Can - not - wait - to see the Brevis.
 
Adapter "S"? Which ones?

Just saw the Letus flip and it lets out a boat load more light than the SG pro... still have to check out the Brevis. So far the M2 is the prettiest I've seen and the Letus the fastest. Can - not - wait - to see the Brevis.

two camera shoot -- one brevis with a 105mm nikon, one sgpro with an 85mm nikon.
 
Well well then...

Which is your favorite? What glass did you use on the Brevis? Can you tell me which was used on the grabs you posted?
 
Well well then...

Which is your favorite? What glass did you use on the Brevis? Can you tell me which was used on the grabs you posted?

the first grab of "ron" is the sgpro with an 85mm nikon. the second grab of "carol" is the brevis with a 105mm nikon. i prefer the look of the brevis. the sgpro is definitely the sharper and more conventionally beautiful of the two. but i generally prefer a dirtier, grittier, grainier look and the brevis gets me closer to that from the start. i also like that i can shoot (albeit, wide open) under available light in urban night exteriors with the brevis. but again, visually these are minor, minor differences and they are relatively well matched.
 
Last edited:
Great to hear that. I wonder if you could add a bit more to the info you already shared. :)

What element was in the Brevis?
Can you post an other Brevis frame grab, hopefully in the same scene as the one where we see Ron in your other grab? Or just something exposed "normal".
 
used the CF1L with the Brevis. i'll post more later when i can get back in the bay. busy cutting a show open for a new reality show this week(end).
 
Just saw the Letus flip and it lets out a boat load more light than the SG pro...
I wouldn't take too much stock in the lightloss that you saw yesterday. It was a very quick test and I know I was zoomed in more than I usually am.
If you want to set up a proper test Just let me know.

I was mostly there to see the bokeh difference.
 
ok, but why would you zoom in more? Anyway I am not sure I understand... but I'd be down to check it out some time maybe. However I am very concerned with light. Because of this I might be trying to make up my mind between the Letus and Brevis... the Brevis seems might be offering the better image.
 
ok, but why would you zoom in more? Anyway I am not sure I understand... but I'd be down to check it out some time maybe. However I am very concerned with light. Because of this I might be trying to make up my mind between the Letus and Brevis... the Brevis seems might be offering the better image.

on Heart of Now and the lovefest short, i've come to the conclusion that the difference in light loss between the brevis and sgpro is negligible in 99% of real world applications.
 
Back
Top