24f?

Jubal28 said:
It may well come out as progressive, but to Barry's point, whether it comes out as full 1080p resolution is another question, and being interlaced chips, it's a legit one. I guess we'll all be champing at the bit for test footage . . .
Well, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if the HVX can shoot 1080-P-24, :cheesy: that's quite an accomplishment. I'll be equally dissapointed if it can't. :cry:

What happened to 720P? :huh:
 
Walter_Graff said:
And how are you going to see this 1080p? Better question; can you see the difference if you had the ability?


http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000303057041/

This does seem to refer to 1080p60 more than 1080p30 or 1080p24, there are plenty of ways to view that. I think it holds the biggest advantage for big screen projection - that is the only reason I want it. Film-outs are going to become less of a consideration as cinemas convert to HD projection, talking mainly festivals here BTW.

I would put my money on the H1's 24F being higher res that Pany's 1080p24, Canon seem to really be bragging about pixel count and res... BUT it remains to be seen if they have neglected other (more important IMHO) aspects of picture quality.
 
Walter_Graff said:
And how are you going to see this 1080p? Better question; can you see the difference if you had the ability?

On a computer monitor, and with a resolution chart.

Here, we're just talking about raw resolution comparison, to determine exactly what 24F is; everyday application is irrelevant.
 
Back
Top