2024 poor mans 5in monitor

An interesting thought.

The current build was my zcam. the control throught the ipad is excellent.. apart from 4fps on the monitor. But ive not tried it cabled.

The R6 app is usueless through the air.. and excellent to my ipad. My ipd is great for clients and sidus link but too big for on camera.

Generally im 'anti phone' on set as I want my phone for phoning, checking email and using the sunswatter app. Im still seeking a decent recce app but that was on another thread. My main thing is to understand colour temp of office lighting on recces.

I should maybe check out getting a pc phone (android?) usb3 input with no sim and exploring what it can do.
(again USB has been another thread)



====

Why a 5in monitor?
Zcam, c200, movi odd fs7 shoots and maybe the R6?
In car mounting and the like.
Currently my Zcam is my favorite Manual focus no ND minimal audio camera.
PC phone lol. This misperception is such a thorn in the side of Android adoption. Not that I care.

I bought the cheapest galaxy phones I could find (about $75) and they work great for monitor+ as well as sidus link and dji ronin app. The only app they can't handle is accsoon see, and I think that's an issue with the coding because monitor+ is an equally complex program. I have 3 phones for multicamera shoots and lighting control and I think I'll get one more. I have the entry level galaxy tablet for clients and that handles accsoon see just fine.

If you want to experiment with one, I might recommend the Galaxy a25. Looks like it has a measured maximum brightness of 1030 nits and is selling for $200 or so. RAM and CPU that should run circles around the cheap phones I bought.
 
Back
Top