200/250 vs XDCAM XE

zeke

Well-known member
Okay, someone had to start it.
I personally think if anyone is thinking of upgrading their HD100, they should consider the new Sony. I was looking at the 250 for SDI output but the new XE appears to be a better solution.

Any ideas?

btw I have a HD100 and like it very much.

Another issue, I thought Kenwood was strictly a consumer electronics company, so I'm not sure about their expertise in pro/eng market. Just wondering is all.
 
I think the conversation has had a nice run over on dvinfo.net. There are many advantages to the Sony as well as many advantages to JVC. AFA Kenwood running JVC? I don't know. We'll have to wait till next NAB I'd suspect to find out if they have executed any plan going forward.
 
I think the conversation has had a nice run over on dvinfo.net. There are many advantages to the Sony as well as many advantages to JVC. AFA Kenwood running JVC? I don't know. We'll have to wait till next NAB I'd suspect to find out if they have executed any plan going forward.

I guess my issue is the price difference between the 250 with no lens and the XE with lens and umcompressed sdi out.
 
Back
Top