2:35 on 1:78 HVX with anamorphic adapter?

Just wanted to point out a theoretical benefit that a fixed lens 16x9 camera may have:

Some enterprising individual could develop an anamorphic attachment to squeeze an anamorphic image on to pre-existing widescreen sensors on the camera for an even wider aspect ratio. . .

Thoughts, anyone?

brian wells
 
My thoughts exactly.
I can assure you the AGLA7200 won't work...even if the thread size on the HVX is 72mm. It's one of the first thing I tried when we received HVR-Z1Us at work...the resolution is fine on the Anamorphic in standard def (DV) but noticeably soft in HD...viewing on a Sony LUMA 720P native monitor.
I'm sure Century Optics would offer one if there was enough demand...we know that they were developing a 16x9 Anamorphic for the DVX, they have a new series of adaptors and convertors for the HDV FX1/Z1 which are very sharp.
FWIW I would suspect cropping from 1080P 24 would be acceptable. That's what Lucas did on Episode II!
Anyways, only a week or so till we get to see and touch the HVX. Has anyone confirmed there will be "functioning" HVX models at NAB?
Thanks all,

BBroz
 
Just heard the HVX200 Might have 82mm lens. Speculation I'm sure. If it does would that make a difference??????
 
Yes, I believe that would make a difference. Adapters/add-ons will be more expensive for 82mm than they are for 72mm, just as the adapters were more expensive for the DVX (72mm) than they were for the PD150 (58mm).

Plus, I think a lot of the challenge Century was encountering when trying to manufacture their anamorphic was related to the large size of the glass necessary.

If they really have changed the lens diameter to 82mm, I hope it's for a very good reason (longer telephoto reach on the stock lens would be one good reason!) If it's the same 10x, I'd be quite disappointed if they change the filter size too.
 
Back
Top