14-35mm Zuiko f/2.0

Thanks Swan. Im just so damn confused about what lenses to get. I definitely wanna get my hands on the Vol .95/ 25mm. Just cant find it anywhere.
I am drawn to the OLY because I've heard some people say its "too sharp". Well thats the lens for me.! Im not shooting filmic stuff. I want the razor edge, hd look for most of my projects. I can soften them with Magic Bullet if i need to. Lastly, I need a long, fast zoom with a decent throw. I'm an ENG shooter. I shoot with sticks 85% of the time. I also shoot in sequences quite often. I need that long lens so i can pop off those sequences as needed. It really helps me gather my b roll quite efficiently. Gonna try to get the Vol and then rent the rest from Penn Camera till I find what works. Also have a prod house that rents cine-primes etc...for reasonable rates.

haha I'm in the exact same boat with lenses, shooting style, and the confusion part. Sounds like I'm looking for the same thing in a lens, because I shoot very similar to what you described here. I also tried finding the Vol 0.95/25mm after seeing blooms G2 footage. I wanted to see if I could find some info on it...no luck with where to buy it though. I thought I was set on the oly like you were, then it seemed a bit expensive for me since it appeared I could get a similar lens (focal range) from canon for MUCH cheeper. Bloom gave the Canon 17-55 2.8 a great review. Now that you mentioned the Nikon I realized I hadn't checked them out at all. On new thread I just started asking about which people prefer, they mentioned "breathing", but I'm not sure which ones breath less. I'm not coming from a DSLR, so I have no experience with SLR lenses, and now I'm still just as confused. Maybe once I get the camera, I'll go to a camera shop and try some different lenses out. But it would be great if I could get things mostly sorted out by the time I get the cam, and have a really good idea of what lenses I want to buy.
 
This topic brings a question to mind that I haven't seen answered. Have Panasonic published a chart similar to this one, giving details on m4/3 and standard 4/3 lens compatibility? There is some difference across the G range, in which lenses will autofocus. Just wondered if there is one on these charts for the AF100?
I don't believe they've published such a chart yet, but that GH2 chart should probably apply directly to the AF100 since they're both modern products running the latest firmware. The AF100 has two focus modes on it, comparable to AFS and AFC; the AFS mode would be the "push auto" mode, and the "AFC" is when you push the lever over to full-time autofocus. I'm sure they will publish such a chart when the camera is released, but I would be very surprised if it didn't support at least everything the GH2 supports, if not more.
 
haha I'm in the exact same boat with lenses, shooting style, and the confusion part. Sounds like I'm looking for the same thing in a lens, because I shoot very similar to what you described here. I also tried finding the Vol 0.95/25mm after seeing blooms G2 footage. I wanted to see if I could find some info on it...no luck with where to buy it though. I thought I was set on the oly like you were, then it seemed a bit expensive for me since it appeared I could get a similar lens (focal range) from canon for MUCH cheeper. Bloom gave the Canon 17-55 2.8 a great review. Now that you mentioned the Nikon I realized I hadn't checked them out at all. On new thread I just started asking about which people prefer, they mentioned "breathing", but I'm not sure which ones breath less. I'm not coming from a DSLR, so I have no experience with SLR lenses, and now I'm still just as confused. Maybe once I get the camera, I'll go to a camera shop and try some different lenses out. But it would be great if I could get things mostly sorted out by the time I get the cam, and have a really good idea of what lenses I want to buy.

Swan, I found this guy in Cali.

http://www.cameraquest.com/
 
I'm sure they will publish such a chart when the camera is released, but I would be very surprised if it didn't support at least everything the GH2 supports, if not more.

This is what I imagined to be the case. I would like to rent one in the UK in the new year and try it out with a couple of the SHG Olympus lenses, so it would be nice to have some idea of what to expect before hand.
 
Back
Top