••Hotrod and MTF PL to Micro 4/3 Adaptor...what are the differences?••

Coco Bermudez

Well-known member
I've done due diligence and I've looked around the forum to see if there is a comparison other than price. If anyone knows where this has been discussed I would appreciate a link. If not, does anyone have a comparison? build...quality?
 
Don't know, as I've only seen the Hotrod. There's also the Ciecio7 on ebay, which is about $320.
 
Last edited:
I'll I know is that I ordered long time ago a MTF adapter to adapt Nikons to JVC GY-HD100 mounts and the quality was superb...but other than that I don't know. I would think it is the same. Thanks for the tip Barry
 
Coming from both owning a hotrod PL and have using MTF parts in the past, I would say they are both comparable in machining quality- MTF makes some great parts, they are in EU. Hotrod makes some great parts also, they are in USA.

It would be worthwhile to test the MTF PL adapter along side the Hotrod though to really see if there are any real manufacturing differences, the hotrod PL's lens support is absolutely necessary on the GH1 but maybe not on the af100, its possible we wont need a lens mount support if the af100 lens mount build is more solid than the GH1 (Im guessing it is)...Might be best to wait and see what they bring to the af100 specifically before there can be a good answer, but for what its worth, my bets are on HotRod to come in ahead- they have been focused on m4/3 for a long time, where as MTF is trying to appeal to a much broader market.
 
Coming from both owning a hotrod PL and have using MTF parts in the past, I would say they are both comparable in machining quality- MTF makes some great parts, they are in EU. Hotrod makes some great parts also, they are in USA.

It would be worthwhile to test the MTF PL adapter along side the Hotrod though to really see if there are any real manufacturing differences, the hotrod PL's lens support is absolutely necessary on the GH1 but maybe not on the af100, its possible we wont need a lens mount support if the af100 lens mount build is more solid than the GH1 (Im guessing it is)...Might be best to wait and see what they bring to the af100 specifically before there can be a good answer, but for what its worth, my bets are on HotRod to come in ahead- they have been focused on m4/3 for a long time, where as MTF is trying to appeal to a much broader market.

valid point hunter...
 
Is MTF the same one that's sold by ciecio7 on ebay? Pricing is similar... and ciecio7 is in Poland, and MTF is in the EU, and they both use a blue ring.

On looking closer, the pictures don't look the same. More knurled knobs on the ciecio7, and it also has a lens-support foot, which doesn't show on the MTF. Are there three different PL adapters for m43?
 
Last edited:
Is MTF the same one that's sold by ciecio7 on ebay? Pricing is similar... and ciecio7 is in Poland, and MTF is in the EU, and they both use a blue ring.

On looking closer, the pictures don't look the same. More knurled knobs on the ciecio7, and it also has a lens-support foot, which doesn't show on the MTF. Are there three different PL adapters for m43?

i too thought the ciencio7 was the MTF but they look different. I say somewhere that ARRI also had an adapter...I am trying to find where the heck I read it.....but it seems fishy to me
 
One Taiwan seller on ebay have even cheaper adapter (about $130-140) :-) I mentioned about it in other thread. No support, but if you have rods, it do not matter.
 
Ciecio7 does great work, don't let the location scare you, shipping for me was quick and relatively cheap.
 
Back
Top