•• Zeiss Cine-Mod from Duclos...wow ••

Coco Bermudez

Well-known member
I got today in the mail my Zeiss lenses I had sent to Duclos Lenses.

All I have to say is freaking wow! The 32-pitch custom delrin focus gears are solid...oh and the iris is smooth as butter. I just can't believe how amazing these mods are...it is as if I have brand new lenses...they even look cleaner than when I sent them. Freaking joy to my heart!

Yes, it is awesome, but what I am most impressed by is the customer service given to me by Matthew Duclos. The communication channels were always open and his response was always in a timely manner. I do believe that great products and awesome customer service has to be always praised in this business of ours. I am so excited to slap these babies on my AF-100 when it finally arrives to our offices.

Go spend the money and get your lenses cinemized by Duclos...you will not regret it!

And by the way...no...I am not being paid to endorse this product...I am just a new happy customer.

Zeiss_Duclos.jpg
 
That sounds reasonable.

Now if they just did Nikon 85mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, etc. Sure the housing would cost more than the lens, but my only complaints about the lenses are the mechanics, not the optics. That and slapping external gears on the lenses.

Edit: Just read their FAQ. Some things can be improved and some can't.
 
Last edited:
I recently purchased the Duclos 11-16mm its got great build quality, havent tried their cine-mod services yet. i want to buy the Nikkor 70-200mm cine conversion they are doing, that'd make a nice zoom lens.
 
I just got my ZF set back this week from Duclos. Matthew does great work, and like Coco said, the service is first rate. Highly recommended!
 
I had the same mod done on my Nikons by RP lens and it was money well spent.

Just curious what changes you noticed in your nikon lenses after the mod. Better focus? Less breathing at all? Just trying to gauge whether or not it's worth the cost for me.
 
Coco, will they put a PL mount on them?

I asked Matthew that question and if I remember his answer...he said eventhough it is possible, it would require a lot of time and work. At the end, the charges would add and the cost would probably end much higher than a new PL mount lens.
 
Back
Top