Since we're on the topic of C-stands and grip heads, I thought it would be fun to see the many ways C-stands have been put to use!
I'll start with an obvious one:
#1 - As a light stand
I know a similar question was asked here some time ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again in hopes that someone may have more information.
I'm working on a business plan for some DVX and HVX related products and am having difficulty figuring out how large the potential market is.
It would...
Does anyone know which firewire AV/C commands are supported by the DVX100? I know that the basics like PLAY, STOP, etc. work, but I'm curious to know if any of the typical camera-control functions (ZOOM, IRIS, FOCUS, etc.) can be controlled via low-level firewire commands.
How about the HVX200...
I'm using DVDSP3 to create a simple DVD with a single menu and track. The DVD works great in my iMac, but when I play it on my DVD player there is no audio. Any ideas?
Here's what I'm doing:
1) Edited in FCP HD
2) Exported using compressor to produce AIFF and M2V files
3) Imported files into...
I need to produce a short 30 sec clip of footage that simulates what one might have captured with a home movie camera back in the 1960's -- black & white, grain, perhaps a bit of frame flicker, etc. This will need to be combined with normal 24PA footage. I've got a DVX100A and use FCP. Any ideas...
Does anyone know which type of card produces the most accurate white balance with the DVX100: white (say a sheet of foam core) or gray (say a Kodak photographic 18% gray card)?
I've seen numerous opinions about which is better and can't seem to nail down the correct answer.
I ran across this product (http://www.expodisc.com) while googling for white balance info. It's a lense cap / filter that provides accurate white balance at the camera rather than on a white card, etc. It looks like a fair number of people also use a Pringles lid to do the same thing!
It's a...
I just posted a bunch of frame grabs from my first time out with the DVX100A. All were taken in 24PA. Any feedback would be welcome.
http://homepage.mac.com/stephenbuck/PhotoAlbum4.html
Thanks,
Steve