Recent content by Eric H

  1. E

    how many contacts on a P2 card?

    I can't seem to find anywhere the number of contacts on a P2 card....anyone know? thanks, Eric
  2. E

    missing footage after import from P2 card...

    we are importing in FCP 6 from a 8 gig P2 card. card says the clip is 15:36 seconds, but only 15:18 seconds gets imported. importing was done thru a Duel Adaptor, but to troubleshoot we saved the clip into a folder and imported from there....still same problem..... any ideas? regards, Eric
  3. E

    missing footage after import.....

    we are importing in FCP 6 from a 8 gig P2 card. card says the clip is 15:36 seconds, but only 15:18 seconds gets imported. importing was done thru a Duel Adaptor, but to troubleshoot we saved the clip into a folder and imported from there....still same problem..... any ideas? regards, Eric
  4. E

    freaked out HVX (chip issue?)

    anyone ever have this issue? the iris stops working although the flip out monitor reads that stops opening and closing on the fstop scale...it visibly is not stopping down or opening up as the brightness stays the same...I tried a hard reset, but that didn't fix it. I was able to use the in...
  5. E

    HVX/FCP users....I have a dumb question

    I want to shoot slo mo......I have down it many times in 720PN and set the frame rate to 48 (ntsc) and 50 (pal).....but I want to shoot in 1080 now....what am I supposed to do to get this to work properly? I will bring the material into FCP6. I assumed there was a frame rate converter to adjust...
  6. E

    HVX equipment in Australia.....

    I will be traveling to Sydney next week then to the interior for shooting a project covering the Solar Car race......I need to know where I can rent some additional HVX and general equipment for 2 to 3 days of shooting. I would like a couple of 16 gig cards to use and a skater dolly and possibly...
  7. E

    focus marks and the HVX

    hello people.... all you focus pullers and former focus pullers should know the answer to this question.... I want to know where the focal plane would be one the HVX200 so that I can mark my follow focus (Vocas MFC-1) and run a tape measure. regards, Eric
  8. E

    Heat Wave effect

    can anyone recommend a plug in or set of plug ins that have a really good selection of heatwave effects...we are going to be shooting in a desert, but it won't be hot enough to pull it off real time. thanks, Eric
  9. E

    PL adaptor issue with long lenses?

    guys and gals, I had a 400mm PL-mounted Nikon on a PS technik mini35 on the HVX and had some strange grainy/blurry looking artifacting....anyone here of or witness the same? I want to say it looked like heat waves but it did not blur the image like heat waves. and yes the groundglass was turned...
  10. E

    has anyone had problems with grain and the 35mm adaptors?

    guys and gals, I had a 400mm PL-mounted Nikon on a PS technik mini35 on the HVX and had some strange grainy/blurry looking artifacting....anyone hear of or witness the same? I want to say it looked like heat waves but it did not blur the image like heat waves. and yes the groundglass was...
  11. E

    can anyone source a PAL version HVX for purchase?

    I am looking to buy the PAL version of the camera for a long term project in Europe, but need one quite soon. Can anyone off hand recommend a supplier that has it in stock NOW? not on order or 2 week wait....although I am not going to need the camera right away, I want to have it in hand for...
  12. E

    25fps on a NTSC/US HVX then into PAL sequence?

    I am going to use the frame rate hack to shoot 25 fps on the NTSC version of the HVX.....can I just lay this into a PAL sequence in FCP and viola!? Eric
  13. E

    what happens when I shoot 25fps on an NTSC HVX?

    so let me simplify my previous question...I am going to use the frame rate hack to shoot 25 fps on the NTSC version of the HVX.....can I just lay this into a PAL sequence in FCP and viola!? Eric
  14. E

    should I get PAL or NTSC?

    we are in the market to get the HVX....we travel, use the camera mostly in 720 or 1080, if not exclusively. Although we do most of our final output downconverting to PAL.......we thought of getting the NTSC version since we can shoot 60fps rather than 50fps which is the top speed for the PAL...
  15. E

    WA adaptors and teleconverters

    i am looking at the possibilities of the above and have found several options has anyone out there bought and used the Wide Angle adaptors and teleconverters and what comments do you have about performance.... http://www.schneideroptics.com/Ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=1074&IID=5905...
Back
Top