-DVX100b-

The headphone jack could use some fixing, yes. The echo in 24p mode is quite noticeable and annoying. On the DVX100 there was no echo (but the audio on tape wasn't perfectly lined up, it preceded the video by two frames). On the DVX100A they fixed the sync on tape, but it introduced a very annoying echo -- which can only be defeated by using noise-isolating headphones (hence the new pair of Etymotic P6's from buy.com, $218.00).

If they were to fix or change anything on the 100B, the headphone-echo would be my fondest wish.

Barry_Green said:
The headphone jack could use some fixing, yes. The echo in 24p mode is quite noticeable and annoying. On the DVX100 there was no echo (but the audio on tape wasn't perfectly lined up, it preceded the video by two frames). On the DVX100A they fixed the sync on tape, but it introduced a very annoying echo -- which can only be defeated by using noise-isolating headphones (hence the new pair of Etymotic P6's from buy.com, $218.00).

If they were to fix or change anything on the 100B, the headphone-echo would be my fondest wish.

Gosh I'll, listen for that. I feel really unobservant, I shoot in 24pa all the time. I use koss full ear padded phones but pretty sure they're not noise-isolating.

Ignorance is bliss.

still no news on when the 100b will come out?
im eagerly waiting. hoping that the headphone jack will be fixed and 16:9 native. we dont need to go back into why it will or wont be this way or that cause i think this thread has covered and recovered that topic. just wondering if there is any more news...

Indy said:
Might be a total sack of horse sh*t but a 'friend' of mine swears that it'll be HD BUT it'll do HDV not DVCPro HD like the HVX....

ha ha ha

that really cracks me up

damn

this should make it to stankervision

I just got, as in yesterday, my DVX100A, and with all the time I spend here never noticed or paid attention to any mention of a DVX100B.
At first I was a little shocked and upset, I mean to spend thousands of dollars on a product and know that it wasn't the 'newest, best, and greatest'.
Then I sat back for a second and thought about what I did buy.
1. I got a camera that makes what I shoot look incredible and professional
2. I got a camera that has a massive community filled with some of the top minds in their fields
3. I got a camera that does EVERYTHING that I need for it to do
4. I got a camera that I love completely
5. I got a $300 rebate
6. I got a camera where the slight delay in audio doesn't bother me to the point where I feel I am unable to produce the end product I want

We all know, with anything we buy, that we are never going to be able to have them hold their value. I bought a $2500 G3 Mac five years ago and thought about unloading it on Ebay and saw they were going for $150 with more software loaded than I have on mine and in better condition.

I didn't buy this camera for it to always be worth the $3400...I bought this camera because it can perfectly replicate what I have in my mind to screen... That's what most important to me...

Panasonic can introduce the 100B, I'm fine with it because I love my A.

Sorry about the rant, but this thread caught me off guard and it's late.

But rumour has it that the 100B will play ACDC's Highway To Hell when the batteries run low.

Which rumour? The one I just started now. Shhhhhh, keep it on the down low plz. :thumbsup:

TheYankee said:
Panasonic can introduce the 100B, I'm fine with it because I love my A.

Arrrhhh...:happy:

That reminds me of a book I got when I was young about a boy who's dog died... :cry: :happy:

ProjX v2.0 said:
But rumour has it that the 100B will play ACDC's Highway To Hell when the batteries run low.

Which rumour? The one I just started now. Shhhhhh, keep it on the down low plz. :thumbsup:

That's the most ridculous thing I have ever heard. Highway to Hell will absolutely NOT be played on the DVX as it is licensed under / owned by Sony Corp
http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=37525&skuId=37543

You are actually confusing two rumors. 1) that the upgrade from the Z1 will play Back in Black when adjusting Black Balance on the Z1.

And 2). The 100b, due to a new break through in miniaturaization, will actually come with thumb sized Japanese tech who will live in the body of the camera, clean the tape heads and perform any maintanance necessary. As such the camera will be self maintaining!

Rumors have it that Panasonic is already drafting plans for the 100c, however, which will correct the known bug in the 100b of the faint sound of kareoke being heard over the headphone jack and on some recordings. It's possible, however, that one of these Mini-Techs could have been overheard sining Highway to Hell, as ACDC is very big in Japan, which would account for your confusion.

I would be pissed if 'B' fixed the headphone problem, because I got my 'A' a few months ago and it indeed is annoying.

Panasonic should just offer to fix this under the warrenty. I'd send my camera in.

jdanstan,

ive heard about those upgrades as well. only instead of little japanese men, they've actually managed to clone and miniaturize chris doyle, and he will be included in every 100b package. just add water. panasonic is very excited about this new component of the camera, and hopes that all involved will just remember to feed their miniatures, as tape is not the best source of nutrition.

I heard that there is to be a little "Barry Green Paperclip" on the 100B that will pop up in the LCD and help you with your settings and other technical information. :)

mmm said:
I heard that there is to be a little "Barry Green Paperclip" on the 100B that will pop up in the LCD and help you with your settings and other technical information. :)
That would actually be awesome for a proSUMER like me, and I bet we're not that far away from something like that. Though the PRO's and PROsumers would probably hate it, LOL. I guess if you could dissable the "Camera Assistant" then everyone would be happy. Although the camera does sort of have a mini camera assisitant in it now
- it has a focus puller, though he's baffled by 24p and completely confused by teh ananoprhic.
- he can also expose, though he will think nothing of changing exposure mid shot.
and auto wahite balance ... etc.

LOL

It has been said by many that the 100b will probably not see any major new features added. I am wondering if you think it might be possible that Panasonic might slip in a minor fix that would allow the 16x9 squeeze mode to properly display on the LCD and possibly even on the Video out to TV? Canon has the aspect ratios right on the LCD and SOny actually does the aspect ratio conversion to letterbox 16x9 on the video outs.

This is a minor thing but if they could add it I doubt it would cost much money. It would be really nice if Pana is serious about keeping the DVX100B as a current model along side the HVX if they would seriously add some new features to keep up with the other sub $4k non HD cameras.

If they are not going to make some kind of changes why even do it. If it's just to take the lead out then why call it a "B". They will give it some good upgrades or not even call it a DVX100b. I'd like to see 16:9 and maybe come in black. But if they upgrade to much it might cut into the HVX200 sales.

zim,
i hope your right. i doubt that them upgrading anything will cut into hvx sales though. im going to buy a camera soon, im waiting for the 100b to come out, but the hvx is totally out of my price range. basically, unless you spend $8000 with the P2 cards, the hvx IS the dvx. and i dont have the money for that, so i see them as too totally different lines. with that line of thought, hopefully they will upgrade the dvx. fingers crossed.

stufferino said:
zim,
nless you spend $8000 with the P2 cards, the hvx IS the dvx. and i dont have the money for that, so i see them as too totally different lines. with that line of thought, hopefully they will upgrade the dvx. fingers crossed.

If you don't use it for HD at all right now, then you have a $5000 DVX (isn't that close to XL2 price?) that shoots native 16X9 and that is upward compatible when HD becomes hot/standard. At that point the P2 cards will probably be reasonable -- I heard that "soon" you will ba able to get 120gig cards for the price of the 8 gigs.

I'm scheming ways to get a HVX but if there's a DVXb that has native 16X9, then I would consider that instead, because even if I could work around the P2's (like record to an iPod) I'd still have to upgrade my whole editing system to handle the HD, which aint happenin'.

So am interested in the HVX soley for 16X9 in SD, given that eventually I'd like to go HD, but would probably get the DVXb if it has 16X9 since it is the third version (bugs worked out mostly), and the HVX will be the initial run of that model. Then go to HD in a year or two.

not 5000, 6000. look on b and h. tell me if you can find a 5000 version, i would be very intrigued.

yea, i guess i didnt mention the 16x9 thing. that is a pretty big deal. still though, for at least two years at 5000 im going to have to carry around a camera that is heavier and bigger than the dvx and only get the capability out of it, basically, cept the 16x9, of the dvx. for me, as opposed to a lot of people, i think, the weight thing is a pretty big issue; we do a lot of guerrilla shooting and it would such to have however many more pounds that camera is, i dont know the numbers, but i do know its heavier.

either way were stuck waiting for both of these cameras. i just wish we could get more information about the 100b. im so eager to find out what secrets it holds!

stufferino said:
not 5000, 6000. look on b and h. tell me if you can find a 5000 version, i would be very intrigued.

I think I heard that the "street price" might wind up being a little less. EVS has the same price as b&h 5995. I'm just thinking (hoping) with DVX user discount and maybe a smooth marketing move by Panny, that they might release it closer to the 5500 mark.

lets' see...sell DVX100a with all accessories - anamoprhic lens, century wide angle, 72mm filters... ... maybe $2500 on enbay. Crap that still leaves me 3-4K short.

With Panasonic announcing that the 100a rebate is going from $300 to $500, it sounds like they want to move out their remaining stock of the 100a. I assume this is to make room for the 100b. I don't suppose anyone has heard any more details about the 100b?

Cheers,

Josh

jdanstan said:
I think I heard that the "street price" might wind up being a little less. EVS has the same price as b&h 5995. I'm just thinking (hoping) with DVX user discount and maybe a smooth marketing move by Panny, that they might release it closer to the 5500 mark.

lets' see...sell DVX100a with all accessories - anamoprhic lens, century wide angle, 72mm filters... ... maybe $2500 on enbay. Crap that still leaves me 3-4K short.

I'll buy that from you without the need for eBay...if you wanna sell it within the next three weeks.

Back